This is the third article in a series on getting your home ready for sale. Last week we talked about cleaning out two key areas in your home the linen closet and the garage . This week lets take a good hard look at your kitchen.
Todays buyers are looking for houses that are in perfect move-in condition, and the kitchen is often the first place they inspect. Heres a checklist of things you should do to make sure your kitchen is in tiptop condition.
* Stand in front of your cabinets and pretend youre a buyer. Would you buy this kitchen? Be honest.
* If your cabinets are still hanging together, having them professionally repainted is a good way to bring them totally up-to-date. White and off-white kitchens are very popular right now.
* New knobs and pulls will give your doors and drawers an instant face-lift. Klaff's in South Norwalk has a huge selection in all price ranges.
* Granite counters are the way to go. If youre still living with old Formica or tile counter tops, its time to shop for stone.
* For a little pizzazz. consider putting glass doors on one of your upper cabinets so that you can show off your pretty glassware.
* Are your appliances about to die? Get new ones now and enjoy them before you move.
What did you do to your kitchen to make it seem new? Tell me about it here, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.