1. Clean and de-clutter: Remove personal items, declutter countertops, organize closets and shelves, and clean the home.
2. Brighten: Clean windows, replace old curtains, update lighting fixtures, remove anything that blocks light from the windows.
3. Stage : Rearrange furniture, bring in new accessories and furnishings to enhance rooms, incorporate artwork and play soft music in the background.
4. Landscape: Improve curb appeal in the front and back yards by adding mulch, shrubs and flowers. Keep the lawn groomed.
5. Repair electrical or plumbing: Fix leaks, remove stains, ensure plumbing is in good working condition. Update the homes electrical, fix lights or outlets that dont work, replace old plug points with new safety fixtures.
6. Replace or clean dirty carpets: Steam-clean carpets, replace worn carpets and repair floor creaks.
Have a real estate news item? Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.