NORWALK/NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Fred Wilms defeated Emily Wilson in Tuesday's Republican primary election for the 142nd District.
Wilms received 564 votes in the primary election, defeating party-endorsed Wilson, who received 254 votes. They were running to replace retiring Larry Cafero in representing the 142nd District, which covers West Norwalk and parts of New Canaan.
Wilson received 45 votes from New Canaan and 209 from Norwalk. Wilms received 121 from New Canaan and 443 votes from Norwalk.
Wilms will face off against Norwalk Democrat Andy Garfunkel in the November election to be state representative for the district.
- 1 National Weather Service: Norwalk's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Norwalk Schools Receive $1.1 Million Grant For Common Core
- 4 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 5 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers