NORWALK/NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Fred Wilms defeated Emily Wilson in Tuesday's Republican primary election for the 142nd District.
Wilms received 564 votes in the primary election, defeating party-endorsed Wilson, who received 254 votes. They were running to replace retiring Larry Cafero in representing the 142nd District, which covers West Norwalk and parts of New Canaan.
Wilson received 45 votes from New Canaan and 209 from Norwalk. Wilms received 121 from New Canaan and 443 votes from Norwalk.
Wilms will face off against Norwalk Democrat Andy Garfunkel in the November election to be state representative for the district.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Norwalk