NORWALK/NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Fred Wilms defeated Emily Wilson in Tuesday's Republican primary election for the 142nd District.
Wilms received 564 votes in the primary election, defeating party-endorsed Wilson, who received 254 votes. They were running to replace retiring Larry Cafero in representing the 142nd District, which covers West Norwalk and parts of New Canaan.
Wilson received 45 votes from New Canaan and 209 from Norwalk. Wilms received 121 from New Canaan and 443 votes from Norwalk.
Wilms will face off against Norwalk Democrat Andy Garfunkel in the November election to be state representative for the district.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest