RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Republican Bob Eick dropped out of the race for State Treasurer on Monday, June 2, according to newstimes.com.
By conceding, Eick has left fellow Republican and Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst as the GOP nominee to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Denise Nappier, newstimes.com reported.
Eick, who was beaten by Herbst for the Republican nomination at the May party convention, said he dropped out so as to not diminish Herbst chances of beating Nappier, newstimes.com said.
Eick, who lives in Ridgefield, is an investment executive at Stamford's RBS.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 It’s Go Time for Snapper Fishing in Norwalk