RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Republican Bob Eick dropped out of the race for State Treasurer on Monday, June 2, according to newstimes.com.
By conceding, Eick has left fellow Republican and Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst as the GOP nominee to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Denise Nappier, newstimes.com reported.
Eick, who was beaten by Herbst for the Republican nomination at the May party convention, said he dropped out so as to not diminish Herbst chances of beating Nappier, newstimes.com said.
Eick, who lives in Ridgefield, is an investment executive at Stamford's RBS.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say