RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Republican Bob Eick dropped out of the race for State Treasurer on Monday, June 2, according to newstimes.com.
By conceding, Eick has left fellow Republican and Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst as the GOP nominee to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Denise Nappier, newstimes.com reported.
Eick, who was beaten by Herbst for the Republican nomination at the May party convention, said he dropped out so as to not diminish Herbst chances of beating Nappier, newstimes.com said.
Eick, who lives in Ridgefield, is an investment executive at Stamford's RBS.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk