RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Republican Bob Eick dropped out of the race for State Treasurer on Monday, June 2, according to newstimes.com.
By conceding, Eick has left fellow Republican and Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst as the GOP nominee to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Denise Nappier, newstimes.com reported.
Eick, who was beaten by Herbst for the Republican nomination at the May party convention, said he dropped out so as to not diminish Herbst chances of beating Nappier, newstimes.com said.
Eick, who lives in Ridgefield, is an investment executive at Stamford's RBS.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday