RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Republican Bob Eick dropped out of the race for State Treasurer on Monday, June 2, according to newstimes.com.
By conceding, Eick has left fellow Republican and Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst as the GOP nominee to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Denise Nappier, newstimes.com reported.
Eick, who was beaten by Herbst for the Republican nomination at the May party convention, said he dropped out so as to not diminish Herbst chances of beating Nappier, newstimes.com said.
Eick, who lives in Ridgefield, is an investment executive at Stamford's RBS.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital