NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's 21st annual Mayor's Community Ball is set to benefit "Room To Grow."
The ball is scheduled for 7 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Continental Manor at 112 Main St. in Norwalk. Mayor Harry Rilling will host the annual ball that includes a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. David Smith will be the master of ceremonies and Silver Streaks will perform the music. The event is black tie optional.
Room To Grow has served the community for more than 16 years and is one of Norwalk's preschool programs. The program has touched the lives of more than 950 children in Norwalk.
"The struggling economy is challenging many of the 'working poor' families," representatives said. "As the 2014 Mayor's Ball grant recipient, Room to Grow will develop and administer a scholarship fund and a food pantry in order to create a safety net for families in need."
The suggested donation is $90 per person. To reserve seats, residents are asked to call Maritza at 203-854-7950. Reservation information is also available online.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death