NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's 21st annual Mayor's Community Ball is set to benefit "Room To Grow."
The ball is scheduled for 7 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Continental Manor at 112 Main St. in Norwalk. Mayor Harry Rilling will host the annual ball that includes a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. David Smith will be the master of ceremonies and Silver Streaks will perform the music. The event is black tie optional.
Room To Grow has served the community for more than 16 years and is one of Norwalk's preschool programs. The program has touched the lives of more than 950 children in Norwalk.
"The struggling economy is challenging many of the 'working poor' families," representatives said. "As the 2014 Mayor's Ball grant recipient, Room to Grow will develop and administer a scholarship fund and a food pantry in order to create a safety net for families in need."
The suggested donation is $90 per person. To reserve seats, residents are asked to call Maritza at 203-854-7950. Reservation information is also available online.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Norwalk Sky
- 5 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin