NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk State Sen. Bob Duff is the recipient of an award from the Public Housing Resident Network.
The network presented Duff (D-Norwalk, Darien) with the "Outstanding Elected Official" Award recently. The award came in recognition of Duff's support for public housing and its residents, representatives said. Duff received a certificate during a ceremony at St. Paul’s Nursery School in Wallingford.
“All people deserve a decent and affordable place to live, and public housing provides exactly that to thousands of families across our state. After many years of neglect, the state has made significant investments in public housing in recent years, which I have been very glad to support. I am honored to receive this award from PHRN and the many families that make up the organization,” said Duff.
“We are very happy and honored to present this award to Senator Duff, who has fought for the lower-income residents of the state and the families who live in public housing," said the network's Vice President Daisy Marie Franklin. "Senator Duff always makes himself available to hear his constituent’s concerns, and he is committed to decent and affordable housing for all residents.”
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk