NORWALK, Conn. – State Sen. Bob Duff has been appointed the Senate chairman of the Energy & Technology Committee for the new legislative term of the General Assembly, which opened Wednesday. A Democrat, Duff represents Norwalk and Darien.
Duff, who was elected to his fifth term in November, was also named vice chairman of the General Assembly’s Committee on Children and was made a member of the Appropriations and Regulations Review committees.
The senator had been a member of the Energy & Technology Committee for several years and expressed his gratitude to Senate President Pro Tempore Donald Williams Jr. for naming him chairman.
“As the state forges ahead with the adoption of our Comprehensive Energy Strategy, it is an exciting time to be working on energy issues,” Duff said in a statement. “These are matters of enormous importance to our economy and economic development, for homeowners and businesses alike.”
Duff’s appointments will run for the full legislative term, which will end at the conclusion of 2014.
“I am looking forward to a really exciting session this year,” said Duff. “We will be working hard to create economic opportunities for more people, to revive Connecticut's economy and address this stubborn recession. A balanced budget is a top priority as well, in addition to transportation, school safety and education issues.”
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk