NORWALK, Conn. -- Former Norwalk Town Clerk Andy Garfunkel is raising funds in a bid to represent Norwalk and New Canaan in his campaign for state representative.
Garfunkel, who is running for the 142nd House District seat, has "raised sufficient qualifying funds to be eligible for funding through the Citizen’s Clean Elections Program," according to a press release.
“We are pleased to have reached our fund-raising goal so quickly. We’ve seen overwhelming local support for Andy," said Christopher Potts, treasurer for Garfunkel 2014, in the release.
Garfunkel said he has a "desire to work on the issues that are of utmost importance in revitalizing Norwalk, New Canaan and all of Connecticut to ensure that we fully benefit from the slowly recovering economy," according to the release.
“I am very much looking forward to talking about a more comprehensive approach with voters, and am excited to be moving on to that phase of the campaign," Garfunkel said in the release.
Garfunkel previously owned and operated his own home remodeling business in Fairfield and Westchester counties for more than 15 years before serving as Norwalk’s Town Clerk from 2001 to 2011. He is a licensed real estate agent with William Raveis in Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say