NORWALK, Conn. -- The League of Women Voters of Norwalk sent a brief questionnaire to all Norwalk candidates in the Aug. 12 primary election.
The following are the responses of Democratic candidate for state representative of the 137th District, David Watts.
Watts, a Norwalk Common Council member, is the Democratic Party-endorsed candidate. He is facing incumbent Chris Perone in the primary. Read Perone's responses here on the Daily Voice.
Why did you decide to run for state representative, as opposed to some other office?
Norwalk needs new leadership.
Considering your education, employment experience, political involvement, and personal attributes, what qualifications do you have to be a good state representative?
BS, Southern Connecticut State University, MA, Yale University Divinity School. Human Relations, Zoning Commission and second term Common Council Member.
If you are elected, what will be your three top priorities, and why?
Better funded school district
Fixing our roads and bridges
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast