GREENWICH, Conn. – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was met by gun control activists during his visit to Greenwich on Monday evening to attend a Republican Party fundraiser and promote Tom Foley’s candidacy for governor, reports The Hartford Courant.
Foley lost to current Gov. Dannel Malloy four years ago by less than 1 percentage point, according to the report. He must first win the GOP primary in August in order to face Malloy again in the November election.
The Courant says 200 protesters gathered down the street from the fundraiser, which was held in a home in the private Belle Haven neighborhood.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured