GREENWICH, Conn. – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was met by gun control activists during his visit to Greenwich on Monday evening to attend a Republican Party fundraiser and promote Tom Foley’s candidacy for governor, reports The Hartford Courant.
Foley lost to current Gov. Dannel Malloy four years ago by less than 1 percentage point, according to the report. He must first win the GOP primary in August in order to face Malloy again in the November election.
The Courant says 200 protesters gathered down the street from the fundraiser, which was held in a home in the private Belle Haven neighborhood.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury