GREENWICH, Conn. – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was met by gun control activists during his visit to Greenwich on Monday evening to attend a Republican Party fundraiser and promote Tom Foley’s candidacy for governor, reports The Hartford Courant.
Foley lost to current Gov. Dannel Malloy four years ago by less than 1 percentage point, according to the report. He must first win the GOP primary in August in order to face Malloy again in the November election.
The Courant says 200 protesters gathered down the street from the fundraiser, which was held in a home in the private Belle Haven neighborhood.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Norwalk