NORWALK, Conn. – Former Norwalk Police Chief Harry Rilling officially will kick off his mayoral campaign at 3 p.m. Sunday during an event at the Norwalk Hilton Garden Inn, 560 Main Ave.
Rilling, who served as Norwalk police chief for 17 years before retiring in 2012, is the fourth Democrat to join the race to unseat four-term incumbent Republican Mayor Richard Moccia.
The other candidates are District D Democratic Chairman Vinny Mangiacopra; former Town Clerk Andy Garfunkel, who lost to Moccia two years ago; and Common Councilman Matt Miklave.
Sunday’s event is free and will feature a speech by Rilling on his “plans to restore confidence in our schools, spur economic development and restore civility, transparency, and accountability in government.”
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 4 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital