NORWALK, Conn. – Former Norwalk Police Chief Harry Rilling officially will kick off his mayoral campaign at 3 p.m. Sunday during an event at the Norwalk Hilton Garden Inn, 560 Main Ave.
Rilling, who served as Norwalk police chief for 17 years before retiring in 2012, is the fourth Democrat to join the race to unseat four-term incumbent Republican Mayor Richard Moccia.
The other candidates are District D Democratic Chairman Vinny Mangiacopra; former Town Clerk Andy Garfunkel, who lost to Moccia two years ago; and Common Councilman Matt Miklave.
Sunday’s event is free and will feature a speech by Rilling on his “plans to restore confidence in our schools, spur economic development and restore civility, transparency, and accountability in government.”
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport