NORWALK, Conn. – Former Norwalk Police Chief Harry Rilling officially will kick off his mayoral campaign at 3 p.m. Sunday during an event at the Norwalk Hilton Garden Inn, 560 Main Ave.
Rilling, who served as Norwalk police chief for 17 years before retiring in 2012, is the fourth Democrat to join the race to unseat four-term incumbent Republican Mayor Richard Moccia.
The other candidates are District D Democratic Chairman Vinny Mangiacopra; former Town Clerk Andy Garfunkel, who lost to Moccia two years ago; and Common Councilman Matt Miklave.
Sunday’s event is free and will feature a speech by Rilling on his “plans to restore confidence in our schools, spur economic development and restore civility, transparency, and accountability in government.”
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Norwalk