DARIEN, Conn. – State Rep. Terrie Wood (R-141) was sworn in to serve her third term representing Darien and Norwalk Wednesday. She was named Ranking Member of the Human Services Committee by House Republican Leader Larry Cafero.
“I am honored Rep. Cafero appointed me as Ranking Member of the Human Services Committee for the 2013-2015 session. I look forward to addressing the serious economic and social issues that are present in the state,” Wood said.
The Human Services Committee is responsible for all matters related to the Department of Social Services and the Department of Children and Families. That jurisdiction includes the Office of Child Day Care, the Office of Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities, the Commission on the Deaf and the Hearing Impaired, and the Board of Education and Services for the Blind. Wood will be the highest appointed position of the Republican Party on the committee.
Wood will also serve on the Regulations Review Committee and the Appropriations Committee. The Regulations Review Committee examines regulations that come out of Washington D.C. and how they apply to state agencies. The Appropriations Committee deals with all matters related to appropriations and the budgets of state agencies, including state employee salaries, teachers’ retirements and veterans’ pensions and collective bargaining for all state employees.
- 1 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk
- 4 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County
- 5 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme