NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Working Families Party has endorsed state Reps. Bruce Morris and Chris Perone, both Norwalk Democrats, in their primary bids for re-election.
“Rep. Morris and Rep. Perone have shown time and time again that they are tireless champions of the middle class," Lindsay Farrell, executive director of WFP, said in a statement. "Their work to increase the minimum wage, lower taxes for working families and help pass the Paid Family Sick Leave law makes it abundantly clear how passionate they are about defending working families in Connecticut.”
Connecticut Working Families is an independent political party that advocates for working families across Connecticut.
In the Democratic Party primary on Aug. 12, Morris faces a challenge from at-large Common Council member Warren Peña of Norwalk.
Also in the primary, Perone will face Norwalk Common Council member David Watts, who won the Democratic Party nomination in a May vote.
- 1 Norwalk Police To Hold DUI Checkpoint Saturday
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule