NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Working Families Party has endorsed state Reps. Bruce Morris and Chris Perone, both Norwalk Democrats, in their primary bids for re-election.
“Rep. Morris and Rep. Perone have shown time and time again that they are tireless champions of the middle class," Lindsay Farrell, executive director of WFP, said in a statement. "Their work to increase the minimum wage, lower taxes for working families and help pass the Paid Family Sick Leave law makes it abundantly clear how passionate they are about defending working families in Connecticut.”
Connecticut Working Families is an independent political party that advocates for working families across Connecticut.
In the Democratic Party primary on Aug. 12, Morris faces a challenge from at-large Common Council member Warren Peña of Norwalk.
Also in the primary, Perone will face Norwalk Common Council member David Watts, who won the Democratic Party nomination in a May vote.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued