NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Working Families Party has endorsed state Reps. Bruce Morris and Chris Perone, both Norwalk Democrats, in their primary bids for re-election.
“Rep. Morris and Rep. Perone have shown time and time again that they are tireless champions of the middle class," Lindsay Farrell, executive director of WFP, said in a statement. "Their work to increase the minimum wage, lower taxes for working families and help pass the Paid Family Sick Leave law makes it abundantly clear how passionate they are about defending working families in Connecticut.”
Connecticut Working Families is an independent political party that advocates for working families across Connecticut.
In the Democratic Party primary on Aug. 12, Morris faces a challenge from at-large Common Council member Warren Peña of Norwalk.
Also in the primary, Perone will face Norwalk Common Council member David Watts, who won the Democratic Party nomination in a May vote.
- 1 National Weather Service: Norwalk's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Norwalk Schools Receive $1.1 Million Grant For Common Core
- 4 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 5 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers