NORWALK, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power will make a donation Friday to the Human Services Council in Norwalk to benefit the homeless, state Sen. Bob Duff and state Rep. Larry Cafero announced.
The amount of the donation was not disclosed, but the two state legislators called it “huge.”
CL&P is making the donation under the auspices of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's housing tax credit contribution program. It will be used to “rehabilitate an existing building that provides supportive housing for 44 chronically homeless people.“
The legislators will accept the donation during a news conference Friday morning at the Human Services Council, 1 Park St., Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say