NORWALK, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power will make a donation Friday to the Human Services Council in Norwalk to benefit the homeless, state Sen. Bob Duff and state Rep. Larry Cafero announced.
The amount of the donation was not disclosed, but the two state legislators called it “huge.”
CL&P is making the donation under the auspices of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's housing tax credit contribution program. It will be used to “rehabilitate an existing building that provides supportive housing for 44 chronically homeless people.“
The legislators will accept the donation during a news conference Friday morning at the Human Services Council, 1 Park St., Norwalk.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street