NORWALK, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power will make a donation Friday to the Human Services Council in Norwalk to benefit the homeless, state Sen. Bob Duff and state Rep. Larry Cafero announced.
The amount of the donation was not disclosed, but the two state legislators called it “huge.”
CL&P is making the donation under the auspices of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's housing tax credit contribution program. It will be used to “rehabilitate an existing building that provides supportive housing for 44 chronically homeless people.“
The legislators will accept the donation during a news conference Friday morning at the Human Services Council, 1 Park St., Norwalk.
- 1 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Bishop Cites Slain Harrison Sisters' Goodness In Funeral Mass
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint