NORWALK, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power will make a donation Friday to the Human Services Council in Norwalk to benefit the homeless, state Sen. Bob Duff and state Rep. Larry Cafero announced.
The amount of the donation was not disclosed, but the two state legislators called it “huge.”
CL&P is making the donation under the auspices of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's housing tax credit contribution program. It will be used to “rehabilitate an existing building that provides supportive housing for 44 chronically homeless people.“
The legislators will accept the donation during a news conference Friday morning at the Human Services Council, 1 Park St., Norwalk.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard