NORWALK, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power will make a donation Friday to the Human Services Council in Norwalk to benefit the homeless, state Sen. Bob Duff and state Rep. Larry Cafero announced.
The amount of the donation was not disclosed, but the two state legislators called it “huge.”
CL&P is making the donation under the auspices of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's housing tax credit contribution program. It will be used to “rehabilitate an existing building that provides supportive housing for 44 chronically homeless people.“
The legislators will accept the donation during a news conference Friday morning at the Human Services Council, 1 Park St., Norwalk.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard