NORWALK, Conn. — Democratic incumbent Bruce V. Morris won re-election to serve as state representative in the 140th House District in central and South Norwalk, according to the registrar. Morris ran unopposed.
According to Norwalk Town Clerk Rick McQuaid, the official totals had not been determined as of 11 p.m. But he said Morris received about 3,200 votes.
Morris was seeking his fourth term in the state House, where he is deputy majority whip. He is also a member of the Human Services Committee.
Morris is the human relations officer for the Norwalk school system and is assistant pastor of the Macedonia Church in Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare