NORWALK, Conn. – Council 4 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees has endorsed four-term incumbent state Rep. Bruce Morris (D-140th District) in his bid for re-election.
Council 4 is the largest American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) labor union in the state, with over 32,000 working members. Council 4 represents state, county and municipal employees.
“State municipal employees are the backbone of our public-service infrastructure," said Morris. "Without them essential services would not be provided.”
Morris was endorsed due to his “experience and commitment to fighting for good jobs, a quality health care system, a secure retirement, and workers’ rights,” said Sal Luciano, executive director of AFSCME.
In the Democratic Party primary on Aug. 12, Morris faces a challenge from at-large Common Council member Warren Peña of Norwalk.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast