NORWALK, Conn. – Council 4 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees has endorsed four-term incumbent state Rep. Bruce Morris (D-140th District) in his bid for re-election.
Council 4 is the largest American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) labor union in the state, with over 32,000 working members. Council 4 represents state, county and municipal employees.
“State municipal employees are the backbone of our public-service infrastructure," said Morris. "Without them essential services would not be provided.”
Morris was endorsed due to his “experience and commitment to fighting for good jobs, a quality health care system, a secure retirement, and workers’ rights,” said Sal Luciano, executive director of AFSCME.
In the Democratic Party primary on Aug. 12, Morris faces a challenge from at-large Common Council member Warren Peña of Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport