NORWALK, Conn. -- A woman wanted by Norwalk police in connection with a stabbing in November 2013 has been arrested in North Carolina and returned to Norwalk for a court appearance, police said.
Monique Hodge, 42, was charged with first-degree assault. She was held on $100,000 bond and appeared in court Monday.
Hodge, a former Norwalk resident, stabbed an acquaintance in the back on Nov. 11, 2013, police said.
On that day, officers responded to a 911 hang-up at 1:30 a.m. and found a 29-year-old woman lying in the road on Glasser Street with a 1.5-inch blade sticking out of her back, according to police reports.
The woman sustained serious injuries and was transported to Norwalk Hospital, and then to another hospital for more care, police said.
The Norwalk Police Department's Detective Bureau investigated the incident and identified Hodge as a suspect. A warrant was obtained for her arrest in July.
The U.S. Marshal Service Violent Fugitive Task Force was able to locate Hodge in Charlotte, N.C., and took her into custody. She was then transported back to Norwalk on Monday to face charges in the stabbing.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival