WESTPORT, Conn. – A 22-year-old Norwalk woman was charged with assaulting a police officer and drunken driving in Westport in connection with a car accident that happened in August, police said.
Brie Bussiere, of Wolfpit Avenue, crashed her car on Saugatuck Avenue, police said. Bussiere’s breath smelled of alcohol following the accident, and she was reportedly combative with officers at the scene, according to the police report.
Bussiere turned herself in Sunday and was charged with assault of public safety personnel, a felony. She also was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and interfering with an officer, both misdemeanors. She was released after posting a $10,000 bond and is due to appear Dec. 26 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 National Weather Service: Norwalk's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Norwalk Schools Receive $1.1 Million Grant For Common Core
- 4 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 5 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers