NORWALK, Conn. – A Florida woman was charged with punching a Norwalk Police officer while under the influence of what police believe was PCP on Wednesday night, police said.
A Paradiso Street resident called police at about 10 p.m. Wednesday to report that her friend was acting strangely. The resident said Devilyn Bruno, 40, of Bradenton, Fla., grabbed her 16-year-old child by the arms and yelled, “You’re a wolverine,” according to police reports.
Officers arrived and took Bruno into custody, police said. While in a holding cell, Bruno removed her clothing, and later climbed up the cell’s bars to the ceiling and attempted to remove ceiling tiles before she was restrained, police said. She was then taken to Norwalk Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
While on the way to the hospital, Bruno told police that she was on PCP, according to the police report. Once there, she struggled with police and hospital staff, and punched an officer when he attempted to restrain her, police said.
Bruno was charged with disorderly conduct, assault on a peace officer, interfering with police and risk of injury to a minor. She was held on $30,000 bond, and remained in the hospital overnight, police said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury