WILTON, Conn. – The condition of Charles Garcia, who was shot Monday during a domestic incident at his Wilton home, was upgraded to serious Friday, according to officials at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Garcia, 47, shot himself in the face while struggling with his wife, Michele, over a rifle, Wilton police said. The incident happened Monday morning while they were in an upstairs bedroom at their Grumman Avenue home, police said. Garcia was listed in critical condition Wednesday.
Wilton police were still investigating but have said they were injured by a single rifle shot. Charles Garcia suffered life-threatening injuries.
Michele Garcia, 39, suffered facial injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
Police said officers responding to a report of a gunshot Monday morning found that Michele Garcia had gone to a neighbor’s home to call 911 and Charles Garcia was found in the couples' home, where the gun had gone off.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide