WESTPORT, Conn. — A 33-year-old Norwak man turned himself in to Westport police last week on a warrant charging him in the theft of $500 in cash from a person’s coat pocket at the Goodwill store in January, police said.
Rony Gonzales is accused of taking the cash from the pocket of a coat another Goodwill customer had put down, police said. Video surveillance from the store showed Gonzalez picked up the coat, tried it on and then put his hands in the pocket that contained the cash, police said.
Gonzales turned himself in on March 20 and was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in court on March 31.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk