WESTPORT, Conn. — A 33-year-old Norwak man turned himself in to Westport police last week on a warrant charging him in the theft of $500 in cash from a person’s coat pocket at the Goodwill store in January, police said.
Rony Gonzales is accused of taking the cash from the pocket of a coat another Goodwill customer had put down, police said. Video surveillance from the store showed Gonzalez picked up the coat, tried it on and then put his hands in the pocket that contained the cash, police said.
Gonzales turned himself in on March 20 and was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in court on March 31.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk