WESTPORT, Conn. — A 33-year-old Norwak man turned himself in to Westport police last week on a warrant charging him in the theft of $500 in cash from a person’s coat pocket at the Goodwill store in January, police said.
Rony Gonzales is accused of taking the cash from the pocket of a coat another Goodwill customer had put down, police said. Video surveillance from the store showed Gonzalez picked up the coat, tried it on and then put his hands in the pocket that contained the cash, police said.
Gonzales turned himself in on March 20 and was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in court on March 31.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street