WESTPORT, Conn. — A 33-year-old Norwak man turned himself in to Westport police last week on a warrant charging him in the theft of $500 in cash from a person’s coat pocket at the Goodwill store in January, police said.
Rony Gonzales is accused of taking the cash from the pocket of a coat another Goodwill customer had put down, police said. Video surveillance from the store showed Gonzalez picked up the coat, tried it on and then put his hands in the pocket that contained the cash, police said.
Gonzales turned himself in on March 20 and was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in court on March 31.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport