WESTPORT, Conn. — A 33-year-old Norwak man turned himself in to Westport police last week on a warrant charging him in the theft of $500 in cash from a person’s coat pocket at the Goodwill store in January, police said.
Rony Gonzales is accused of taking the cash from the pocket of a coat another Goodwill customer had put down, police said. Video surveillance from the store showed Gonzalez picked up the coat, tried it on and then put his hands in the pocket that contained the cash, police said.
Gonzales turned himself in on March 20 and was charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in court on March 31.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades