(UPDATE) WILTON, Conn. – The 12-year-old Weston boy killed in a biking accident in Wilton on Monday has been identified as Joseph "A.J." Cina.
He was a student at Weston Middle School.
Original story: WILTON, Conn. – A 12-year-old boy from Weston died Monday in Wilton after he crashed his bicycle near 150 Cedar Road, police said.
The accident was reported at 4:49 p.m. Monday. Arriving police, EMS and other emergency personnel found the boy lying on the east side of the road, with severe injuries to his head and face, police said. He was attended to by Wilton EMS and transported to Norwalk Hospital, where he later died, police said.
The initial accident investigation determined that the boy was riding east on Cedar Road with two other boys from Weston, ages 12 and 13, when he lost control of his bicycle and rode off the east shoulder, police said. He then struck a slight incline along the mouth of a driveway, became airborne and was thrown over a stone wall bordering the roadway, police said.
The boy was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The accident remains under investigation by the Wilton Police Department Accident Reconstruction Team and members of the detective division. Anyone who may have seen these boys on their bicycles is asked to call Wilton police at 203-834-6260.
Weston Youth Services will provide counseling services to friends and family.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced