NORWALK, Conn. — A cargo van rolled over on Interstate 95 north in Norwalk on Tuesday afternoon, and the Norwalk Fire Department assisted paramedics at the scene.
A call came in about 1:45 p.m. about a van rollover near Exit 14. A fire engine, a rescue car and a command car were dispatched and found the van on its side with the driver sitting on the side of the road.
The van had hit yellow safety barrels on the highway to protect a work zone and then flipped, fire officials said. The driver was treated by Norwalk Hospital paramedics and taken to the hospital to be evaluated.
Eleven firefighters assisted the paramedics and applied absorbent material onto a small spill of anti-freeze.
Connecticut State Police were investigating the cause of the accident.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home