NORWALK, Conn. — A cargo van rolled over on Interstate 95 north in Norwalk on Tuesday afternoon, and the Norwalk Fire Department assisted paramedics at the scene.
A call came in about 1:45 p.m. about a van rollover near Exit 14. A fire engine, a rescue car and a command car were dispatched and found the van on its side with the driver sitting on the side of the road.
The van had hit yellow safety barrels on the highway to protect a work zone and then flipped, fire officials said. The driver was treated by Norwalk Hospital paramedics and taken to the hospital to be evaluated.
Eleven firefighters assisted the paramedics and applied absorbent material onto a small spill of anti-freeze.
Connecticut State Police were investigating the cause of the accident.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury