NORWALK, Conn. – Two drivers were injured Thursday in an accident Thursday afternoon that closed both lanes of the Merritt Parkway near exit 40, according to the Norwalk Fire Department.
A Subaru Outback, driven by an unidentified woman, left the southbound lane and struck a GMC pickup truck in the northbound lane, a fire official said. The Subaru came to rest against the center guard rail, while the pickup truck ended up blocking both northbound lanes.
The unidentified male driver of the pickup truck was pinned in the vehicle by the driver’s side door and dashboard and had to be extricated by firefighters.
Both drivers were talking to fire personnel during the rescue, and were taken to Norwalk Hospital for further evaluation, fire officials said. The injury status of both drivers is unknown.
The accident shut down the Merritt in both directions from about 12:45 p.m. to 1:35 p.m. State police are investigating the crash.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola