NORWALK, Conn. – Two men have been arrested in connection with Tuesday evening’s drive-by fatal shooting of a 19-year-old Norwalk teenager, police said. A second victim, an 18-year-old Norwalker, suffered injuries and has been admitted to Norwalk Hospital.
The identity of the teen who was killed was being withheld by police pending notification of next of kin.
Arrested were former Norwalk resident Kyle Freitag, 21, currently of Milford, and Terrance J. Baxter, 22, of Norwalk. Each was charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder, police said. The two were also in possession of cocaine and additional charges were pending, police said.
The shooting took place on Fort Point Street between Van Zant Street and Seaview Avenue at about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday when a van driven by Baxter approached the two victims, who were riding a motor scooter, police said. Police did not disclose which suspect, Baxter or Freitag, pulled the trigger.
According to Norwalk Police Lt. Timothy Murphy, Baxter and Freitag sped off and were arrested by state police on Center Street in Fairfield, after Norwalk police put out a bulletin with a description of the van Baxter was driving.
Both were turned over to Norwalk police and were scheduled to be arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court on Wednesday.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury