NORWALK, Conn. – A two-car accident at Connecticut and Richards avenues Thursday evening injured four of the five passengers in one of the vehicles, according to the Norwalk Fire Department.
Details of the 7:25 p.m. crash were not available, nor were the identities of the people involved. One of the vehicles was still in the intersection when firefighters arrived at the scene, and the other car, a late-model Isuzu Rodeo, jumped a curb and struck a utility pole head on, the fire department said.
Four women and a man were in that car; all four women were taken to Norwalk Hospital, the fire department said. Firefighters said they had to immobilize three of the women on backboards and with neck collars for transport.
The driver of the other vehicle was not injured, and the male in the Rodeo did not require medical treatment.
The conditions of the women taken to the hospital were not disclosed.
The crash snarled traffic in the area. Connecticut Light & Power crews were called to the scene for repairs to the utility pole, according to fire officials.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest
- 4 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of Norwalk Man On The Job
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News