NORWALK, Conn. -- A head-on two-car crash briefly shut down East Avenue in Norwalk on Saturday morning, the Norwalk Fire Department said.
The accident happened at 6:30 a.m. when a northbound Nissan Quest mini-van and a southbound Porsche Cheyenne SUV struck each other head on in the area of Nelson Avenue, fire officials said.
The driver of the Cheyenne was not injured. The driver of the Quest had to be extricated by firefighters. He was transported to Norwalk Hospital by paramedics with injuries that were not life threatening, fire officials said.
Norwalk police were investigating the cause of the accident and had the road closed until 7 a.m..
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 4 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Norwalk NAACP Announces Probe Into 2014 Death Of Redding Lawyer