NORWALK, Conn. -- A head-on two-car crash briefly shut down East Avenue in Norwalk on Saturday morning, the Norwalk Fire Department said.
The accident happened at 6:30 a.m. when a northbound Nissan Quest mini-van and a southbound Porsche Cheyenne SUV struck each other head on in the area of Nelson Avenue, fire officials said.
The driver of the Cheyenne was not injured. The driver of the Quest had to be extricated by firefighters. He was transported to Norwalk Hospital by paramedics with injuries that were not life threatening, fire officials said.
Norwalk police were investigating the cause of the accident and had the road closed until 7 a.m..
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport