NORWALK, Conn. -- A head-on two-car crash briefly shut down East Avenue in Norwalk on Saturday morning, the Norwalk Fire Department said.
The accident happened at 6:30 a.m. when a northbound Nissan Quest mini-van and a southbound Porsche Cheyenne SUV struck each other head on in the area of Nelson Avenue, fire officials said.
The driver of the Cheyenne was not injured. The driver of the Quest had to be extricated by firefighters. He was transported to Norwalk Hospital by paramedics with injuries that were not life threatening, fire officials said.
Norwalk police were investigating the cause of the accident and had the road closed until 7 a.m..
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station