NORWALK, Conn. -- A head-on two-car crash briefly shut down East Avenue in Norwalk on Saturday morning, the Norwalk Fire Department said.
The accident happened at 6:30 a.m. when a northbound Nissan Quest mini-van and a southbound Porsche Cheyenne SUV struck each other head on in the area of Nelson Avenue, fire officials said.
The driver of the Cheyenne was not injured. The driver of the Quest had to be extricated by firefighters. He was transported to Norwalk Hospital by paramedics with injuries that were not life threatening, fire officials said.
Norwalk police were investigating the cause of the accident and had the road closed until 7 a.m..
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Mad Bulls Crown 5 Winners In Beginners Wrestling Meet