update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The truck wedged under the train bridge has been freed, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The intersection is clear.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A truck became wedged under the bridge at the corner of South Main Street and Washington Street in South Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
The truck was traveling under the Metro-North bridge and became stuck at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Norwalk police and MTA police were on scene with a tow truck, working to free the truck.
The accident is causing some delays in traffic, and drivers are advised to avoid the intersection if they can.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk