update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The truck wedged under the train bridge has been freed, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The intersection is clear.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A truck became wedged under the bridge at the corner of South Main Street and Washington Street in South Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
The truck was traveling under the Metro-North bridge and became stuck at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Norwalk police and MTA police were on scene with a tow truck, working to free the truck.
The accident is causing some delays in traffic, and drivers are advised to avoid the intersection if they can.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport