update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The truck wedged under the train bridge has been freed, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The intersection is clear.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A truck became wedged under the bridge at the corner of South Main Street and Washington Street in South Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
The truck was traveling under the Metro-North bridge and became stuck at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Norwalk police and MTA police were on scene with a tow truck, working to free the truck.
The accident is causing some delays in traffic, and drivers are advised to avoid the intersection if they can.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare