update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The truck wedged under the train bridge has been freed, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The intersection is clear.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A truck became wedged under the bridge at the corner of South Main Street and Washington Street in South Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
The truck was traveling under the Metro-North bridge and became stuck at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Norwalk police and MTA police were on scene with a tow truck, working to free the truck.
The accident is causing some delays in traffic, and drivers are advised to avoid the intersection if they can.
- 1 Norwalk Man Arrested Twice On Drugs, Threatening Officer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight