update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The truck wedged under the train bridge has been freed, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The intersection is clear.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A truck became wedged under the bridge at the corner of South Main Street and Washington Street in South Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
The truck was traveling under the Metro-North bridge and became stuck at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Norwalk police and MTA police were on scene with a tow truck, working to free the truck.
The accident is causing some delays in traffic, and drivers are advised to avoid the intersection if they can.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'