NORWALK, Conn. – A man returning from serving three-months in jail reported the theft of thousands of dollars worth of rare coins from his home while he was away, police said.
The 55-year-old victim, who lives on N. Water Street, told police that in addition to the coins, his Apple iPad, Sony digital camera and a couple of bottles of Cristal champagne were also taken.
The combined value of the items was put at about $14,000.
Police said the victim, whose identity was not released, had two roommates staying in his home while he was in jail. He discovered the items missing and the roommates gone when he returned.
The victim gave police descriptions of the roommates, and partial information on their identities. Police are investigating.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued