NORWALK, Conn. – A suspect was arrested on drug charges with an infant child in his car in Norwalk Tuesday, police said.
The Norwalk Police Special Services Division has been investigating Jarvin Graves, 27, of Ft. Lauderdale Fla., after receiving a tip that he was selling crack cocaine in Norwalk. Undercover officers performed surveillance on a Webster Street parking lot, where investigators believe Graves had set up shop, Lt. James Walsh said.
Graves drove into the lot at about 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to the police report. Officers went to talk with Graves, and saw that he had a bag of suspected crack cocaine in plain view on the seat of his car, police said. An infant child was also in the back seat, Walsh said.
Police later found a total of 90 grams of crack and powder cocaine on Graves, along with approximately $2,000, according to the arrest report. He cooperated with police and was placed under arrest. The child was turned over to a family member.
Graves was charged with sale and possession of narcotics with added charges for being within 1,500 feet of a school, and a risk of injury to a minor. He was held on a $150,000 bond, and is due in court on Jan. 17.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens