NORWALK — A police chase that began in a South Norwalk parking lot early Saturday ended after the suspect crashed his car near the construction project at Interstate 95 and Route 7, The Hartford Courant reported.
At 2 a.m. in a Washington Street parking lot, officers saw a car driving erratically and striking a pedestrian and another car, The Courant said.
The car sped away from an officer, crashing into a median and a police cruiser, police told the Courant. The fleeing car slammed through a fence around the construction near the highway, and officers had to use a Taser to subdue the driver, The Courant said.
Hakim Smith, 25, of Stamford, was arrested and held on bond.
No serious injuries were reported in the incident.
Read the full story here at the Hartford Courant website.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park