NORWALK — A police chase that began in a South Norwalk parking lot early Saturday ended after the suspect crashed his car near the construction project at Interstate 95 and Route 7, The Hartford Courant reported.
At 2 a.m. in a Washington Street parking lot, officers saw a car driving erratically and striking a pedestrian and another car, The Courant said.
The car sped away from an officer, crashing into a median and a police cruiser, police told the Courant. The fleeing car slammed through a fence around the construction near the highway, and officers had to use a Taser to subdue the driver, The Courant said.
Hakim Smith, 25, of Stamford, was arrested and held on bond.
No serious injuries were reported in the incident.
Read the full story here at the Hartford Courant website.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades