NORWALK, Conn. – The South Norwalk train station was shut down for an hour Saturday after a gas leak was detected and reopened around 6:30 p.m., police reported.
Frank Poirot, a spokesman for Yankee Gas, said there was a ventilation issue and there was a mechanic at the site at 8 p.m. He said the gas meter was turned off as a safety precaution.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 4 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say