NORWALK, Conn. – The South Norwalk train station was shut down for an hour Saturday after a gas leak was detected and reopened around 6:30 p.m., police reported.
Frank Poirot, a spokesman for Yankee Gas, said there was a ventilation issue and there was a mechanic at the site at 8 p.m. He said the gas meter was turned off as a safety precaution.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk