NORWALK, Conn. – The South Norwalk train station was shut down for an hour Saturday after a gas leak was detected and reopened around 6:30 p.m., police reported.
Frank Poirot, a spokesman for Yankee Gas, said there was a ventilation issue and there was a mechanic at the site at 8 p.m. He said the gas meter was turned off as a safety precaution.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare