ROWAYTON, Conn. -- The Rowayton Fire Department knocked down a fire that consumed a home on Witch Lane late Thursday night.
The fire was reported at about 9 p.m. at a home at 56 Witch Lane, according to the Rowayton Fire Department. A nanny staying with two kids discovered the fire and ran upstairs, grabbed the children and got out of the house. The family dog also escaped the fire, fire officials said. Nobody was injured.
All 21 Rowayton firefighters were dispatched to fight the blaze. Mutual aid from Norwalk, Darien and Noroton Heights also arrived to provide assistance. The Rowayton Fire Dept. Ladies Auxiliary and Norwalk EMS also provided support to the residents of the house. The blaze was knocked down after about three hours of work by firefighters.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, though it is believed to have started in the garage and spread to the house.
- 1 Six Busted On Prostitution Charges In Sting In Norwalk
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach