NORWALK, Conn. -- Norden Place in Norwalk is closed Friday morning after a tractor-trailer got caught in power lines, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter.
The accident is on Norden Place near Strawberry Hill Avenue and Greenfield Road, police said. The accident occurred just before 10 a.m. Friday, police said.
The accident involves a tractor-trailer caught in the power lines. The Norwalk Police Department and Norwalk Fire Department are on the scene. A photo from the police department shows the tractor-trailer tipped and on only two sets of wheels, leaning precariously toward parked cars and held only by the power lines.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area.
Connecticut Light & Power reports that 18 customers in Norwalk were without power after the accident.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard