NORWALK, Conn. -- Norden Place in Norwalk is closed Friday morning after a tractor-trailer got caught in power lines, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter.
The accident is on Norden Place near Strawberry Hill Avenue and Greenfield Road, police said. The accident occurred just before 10 a.m. Friday, police said.
The accident involves a tractor-trailer caught in the power lines. The Norwalk Police Department and Norwalk Fire Department are on the scene. A photo from the police department shows the tractor-trailer tipped and on only two sets of wheels, leaning precariously toward parked cars and held only by the power lines.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area.
Connecticut Light & Power reports that 18 customers in Norwalk were without power after the accident.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint