NORWALK, Conn. -- Norden Place in Norwalk is closed Friday morning after a tractor-trailer got caught in power lines, the Norwalk Police Department reported via Twitter.
The accident is on Norden Place near Strawberry Hill Avenue and Greenfield Road, police said. The accident occurred just before 10 a.m. Friday, police said.
The accident involves a tractor-trailer caught in the power lines. The Norwalk Police Department and Norwalk Fire Department are on the scene. A photo from the police department shows the tractor-trailer tipped and on only two sets of wheels, leaning precariously toward parked cars and held only by the power lines.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area.
Connecticut Light & Power reports that 18 customers in Norwalk were without power after the accident.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades