NORWALK, Conn. -- A Redding woman was accused of using a company credit card to steal more than $3,600 from her Norwalk employer last year, according to police reports.
A company located on Marshall Street first contacted Norwalk Police about the thefts in October 2013, police said. Company officials told police that an internal investigation had found that Mayce Smith, 33, of Mountain Road in Redding had made personal charges on her company-issued credit card over the summer, according to the police report.
Smith was laid off from the company in August and had made arrangements to pay for the charges, according to police reports. Smith had not paid back the money as of Monday evening, and she turned herself in after learning of a warrant for her arrest from Norwalk Police.
Smith was charged with third-degree larceny Monday night. She was released after posting $10,000 bond, and is due in court on April 11.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl