NORWALK, Conn. -- UPDATE 1:50 P.M. The all-clear was given around 1 p.m. on Thursday after a suspicious package was reported to police at Puppies of Westport in Norwalk.
A suspect was spotted by a witness walking into the store with the package while dressed as "Batman" villain The Joker, according to the Hour.
The Norwalk pet store called Puppies of Westport was evacuated late Thursday morning after a suspicious package was reported to police by its owners, police said.
Surrounding stores have also been evacuated. Norwalk Police and Fire crews are on scene investigating the incident.
Puppies of Westport has been the focus of several protests that allege the store buys its pets from so-called "puppy mills."
The owners maintain that all of its pets are treated with care.
Two weeks ago, a 23-year-old Norwalk woman was arrested on charges smashing a window on the same store and told police she was "trying to set the puppies free."
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport