HARRISON, N.Y. – Loss of power caused a small airplane to crash land in a parking lot off King Street outside Westchester County Airport early Saturday, according to an initial report from the National Transportation Safety Board.
“The airplane struck trees during a forced landing,” NTSB spokesman Eric Weiss said. “We’re investigating.”
The pilot of the Beechcraft Bonanza 35b33 was on his way to Westchester County Airport from Pittsburgh’s Rock Airport when the crash occurred.
He was “shaken up” by the incident, according to a published report.
A preliminary report will be available on the NTSB website “within 10 business days after the accident,” Weiss said.
- 1 Norwalk Police To Hold DUI Checkpoint Saturday
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule