NORWALK, Conn. – A man who told police that another man stole his wallet in South Norwalk early Wednesday admitted the robbery occurred during a failed drug deal, according to police reports.
A man called police shortly after midnight to report the robbery. He told officers that he had met a black male on the train, and both got off at the South Norwalk station. The two walked together to the Clay Street area, and the suspect then took the man’s wallet out of his hands and ran toward Flax Hill Road, according to the police report.
When asked why he was walking with the suspect, the victim told officers that he had arranged to buy marijuana from the suspect for $20. The suspect took the man’s wallet before the exchange took place, he said.
The victim refused to provide a description for the suspect or provide a written statement, police said. The incident is under investigation, police said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury