NORWALK, Conn. -- UPDATE 12:30 p.m. A precautionary lockdown at Cranbury School in Norwalk has been lifted after a witness heard gunshots fired near the school, according to Norwalk police.
The school day will continue on a normal schedule.
A teacher called to report hearing what he thought was gunshots at about 11:20 a.m., according to police. Police searched the area, but other people outside nearby said they did not hear anything out of the ordinary.
Police were still trying to find an explanation for the noise, but they do not believe there were actually gunshots.
"We didn't find any indication that there were shots fired in the area," Norwalk Chief of Police Thomas E. Kulhawik said
Everyone in the school is fine and the sound may have come from Cranbury Acres Park, which neighbors the school, or nearby construction.
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Norwalk’s Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Hosts Flea Market
- 5 Feds Award $161 Million Grant To Replace Aging Train Bridge In Norwalk