NORWALK, Conn. -- UPDATE 12:30 p.m. A precautionary lockdown at Cranbury School in Norwalk has been lifted after a witness heard gunshots fired near the school, according to Norwalk police.
The school day will continue on a normal schedule.
A teacher called to report hearing what he thought was gunshots at about 11:20 a.m., according to police. Police searched the area, but other people outside nearby said they did not hear anything out of the ordinary.
Police were still trying to find an explanation for the noise, but they do not believe there were actually gunshots.
"We didn't find any indication that there were shots fired in the area," Norwalk Chief of Police Thomas E. Kulhawik said
Everyone in the school is fine and the sound may have come from Cranbury Acres Park, which neighbors the school, or nearby construction.
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 3 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller