NORWALK, Conn. -- UPDATE 12:30 p.m. A precautionary lockdown at Cranbury School in Norwalk has been lifted after a witness heard gunshots fired near the school, according to Norwalk police.
The school day will continue on a normal schedule.
A teacher called to report hearing what he thought was gunshots at about 11:20 a.m., according to police. Police searched the area, but other people outside nearby said they did not hear anything out of the ordinary.
Police were still trying to find an explanation for the noise, but they do not believe there were actually gunshots.
"We didn't find any indication that there were shots fired in the area," Norwalk Chief of Police Thomas E. Kulhawik said
Everyone in the school is fine and the sound may have come from Cranbury Acres Park, which neighbors the school, or nearby construction.
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard