NORWALK, Conn. - A Norwalk man chased a prowler from his Dibble Street home after his family was awoken by the stranger in their backyard Monday night, police said.
A husband and wife heard a noise in their backyard around 11 p.m. that they first thought was a raccoon. They then heard their wooden gate open and the rear spotlight went on, revealing a heavyset man walking toward the back of their property, according to police.
The husband yelled out and the man turned and ran off. The husband chased him toward Hunt Street, but lost sight of him. Police responded to the area with a K9 unit, but were unable to find the man.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare