NORWALK, Conn. - A Norwalk man chased a prowler from his Dibble Street home after his family was awoken by the stranger in their backyard Monday night, police said.
A husband and wife heard a noise in their backyard around 11 p.m. that they first thought was a raccoon. They then heard their wooden gate open and the rear spotlight went on, revealing a heavyset man walking toward the back of their property, according to police.
The husband yelled out and the man turned and ran off. The husband chased him toward Hunt Street, but lost sight of him. Police responded to the area with a K9 unit, but were unable to find the man.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Norwalk
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel