NORWALK, Conn. - A Norwalk man chased a prowler from his Dibble Street home after his family was awoken by the stranger in their backyard Monday night, police said.
A husband and wife heard a noise in their backyard around 11 p.m. that they first thought was a raccoon. They then heard their wooden gate open and the rear spotlight went on, revealing a heavyset man walking toward the back of their property, according to police.
The husband yelled out and the man turned and ran off. The husband chased him toward Hunt Street, but lost sight of him. Police responded to the area with a K9 unit, but were unable to find the man.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk