NORWALK, Conn. - A Norwalk man chased a prowler from his Dibble Street home after his family was awoken by the stranger in their backyard Monday night, police said.
A husband and wife heard a noise in their backyard around 11 p.m. that they first thought was a raccoon. They then heard their wooden gate open and the rear spotlight went on, revealing a heavyset man walking toward the back of their property, according to police.
The husband yelled out and the man turned and ran off. The husband chased him toward Hunt Street, but lost sight of him. Police responded to the area with a K9 unit, but were unable to find the man.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Norwalk, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield