NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Sunday, June 8, after police said he chased his friend while holding a knife.
Delinoel Marchorro, 35, was charged with criminal attempt at second-degree assault and second-degree breach of peace. He was held on $50,000 bond and will appear in court Tuesday, June 17.
Officers were called to a Woodbury Avenue home shortly after midnight Sunday on a report of a man armed with a knife. When officers arrived, they found Marchorro sprawled out on the ground with his face covered in blood, according to police reports. Marchorro appeared to be highly intoxicated, and when he attempted to stand up, he fell over again, police said.
The officers met with the resident of the home, who said he and Marchorro were having drinks when Marchorro became violent, according to police. He attempted to hit the complainant several times and then went into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife, police said. He proceeded to chase his friend around the yard before throwing the knife away, according to police reports.
Marchorro was taken to Norwalk Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report