NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Sunday, June 8, after police said he chased his friend while holding a knife.
Delinoel Marchorro, 35, was charged with criminal attempt at second-degree assault and second-degree breach of peace. He was held on $50,000 bond and will appear in court Tuesday, June 17.
Officers were called to a Woodbury Avenue home shortly after midnight Sunday on a report of a man armed with a knife. When officers arrived, they found Marchorro sprawled out on the ground with his face covered in blood, according to police reports. Marchorro appeared to be highly intoxicated, and when he attempted to stand up, he fell over again, police said.
The officers met with the resident of the home, who said he and Marchorro were having drinks when Marchorro became violent, according to police. He attempted to hit the complainant several times and then went into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife, police said. He proceeded to chase his friend around the yard before throwing the knife away, according to police reports.
Marchorro was taken to Norwalk Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say