NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Sunday, June 8, after police said he chased his friend while holding a knife.
Delinoel Marchorro, 35, was charged with criminal attempt at second-degree assault and second-degree breach of peace. He was held on $50,000 bond and will appear in court Tuesday, June 17.
Officers were called to a Woodbury Avenue home shortly after midnight Sunday on a report of a man armed with a knife. When officers arrived, they found Marchorro sprawled out on the ground with his face covered in blood, according to police reports. Marchorro appeared to be highly intoxicated, and when he attempted to stand up, he fell over again, police said.
The officers met with the resident of the home, who said he and Marchorro were having drinks when Marchorro became violent, according to police. He attempted to hit the complainant several times and then went into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife, police said. He proceeded to chase his friend around the yard before throwing the knife away, according to police reports.
Marchorro was taken to Norwalk Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport