NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk woman reported that she was attacked by someone who jumped out of the bushes Sunday night on Old Saugatuck Road, police said.
The 35-year-old woman reported the assault shortly before 10 p.m. Sunday, police said.
The woman told police she was running on Old Saugatuck Road near the Shorehaven Country Club when a white or Hispanic man jumped out from behind a bush. The man knocked her to the ground and began physically assaulting her, police said. The woman was able to fight him off, and he ran away, police said.
Police said the assault was not sexual in nature.
The woman suffered minor injuries and was evaluated at Norwalk Hospital. Officers and canine units arrived at the scene in an attempt to track the suspect but were unable to locate him, police said.
The incident is still under investigation by the Detective Bureau. Anybody with information is asked to contact the police.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury