NORWALK, Conn. – A man threw a woman to the ground during an attempted mugging on Lexington Avenue in Norwalk on Tuesday, June 2, according to The Hour Online.
The woman was attempting to get her baby out of the car seat when a man approached and asked for money at about 12:45 p.m., The Hour said. When the woman said she did not have any money, the man pushed her down, took her groceries and some change from her car and ran, The Hour said.
The mother and child were not hurt in the incident, police told The Hour.
The suspect is described as black male, about 6 feet tall and weighing 190 pounds.
Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Norwalk Police Department tipline at 203-854-3111 or text CRIMES (274637), adding keyword NPD. Anonymous tips can be submitted at www.norwalkpd.com.
Read the full story here at The Hour.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk