NORWALK, Conn. – A man threw a woman to the ground during an attempted mugging on Lexington Avenue in Norwalk on Tuesday, June 2, according to The Hour Online.
The woman was attempting to get her baby out of the car seat when a man approached and asked for money at about 12:45 p.m., The Hour said. When the woman said she did not have any money, the man pushed her down, took her groceries and some change from her car and ran, The Hour said.
The mother and child were not hurt in the incident, police told The Hour.
The suspect is described as black male, about 6 feet tall and weighing 190 pounds.
Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Norwalk Police Department tipline at 203-854-3111 or text CRIMES (274637), adding keyword NPD. Anonymous tips can be submitted at www.norwalkpd.com.
Read the full story here at The Hour.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street