NORWALK, Conn. ‒ A man reported being beat up and robbed by three men on Ely Avenue in Norwalk Wednesday night, police said.
The man told police he was walking on a path that connects Ely Avenue with Lexington Avenue around 10:15 p.m. when he was approached by three men wearing black masks, black clothing and gloves. According to the man's account, the three didn't say anything as they threw him to the ground and started kicking him. They then took his backpack, which contained notebooks and about $20 in change, and ran off towards Martin Luther King Drive.
Police said the man complained about injuries to his cheek and rib cage, and was taken to Norwalk Hospital for evaluation. The matter is still under investigation, police said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 5 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield