NORWALK, Conn. – Police were investigating reports of shots fired in South Norwalk that occurred Thursday night.
Multiple 911 calls informed police of gunshots in the area of Ryan Park near South Main Street at 8 p.m. Thursday. Officers arrived and found a large group of people fleeing the area on foot, police said.
Investigators were unsure whether anyone was hit in the shooting, police said. No gunshot victims were found at hospitals in Norwalk, Greenwich, Stamford or Bridgeport, according to police reports. Some drops of blood were found at the scene, but it is not clear that they were related to the incident, police said.
Police do not currently have any suspects in the incident, Sgt. Lisa Cotto said Friday morning. Officers at the scene chased a juvenile in the area on foot after the initial call, but the teenager has not been charged or identified as a suspect, according to police reports.
“At this point, we’re still investigating, so we don’t have a clear picture of what was going on,” Cotto said.
Police have received other reports of shots fired in the South Norwalk area over the last week, including a pair of incidents on the night of Aug. 23, police said. In those cases, police were also unable to locate any victims or suspects, according to police reports. Anyone with information on these incidents should contact the Norwalk Police at 203-854-3000.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured