NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning in Veterans Park that may have racist connections.
A resident reported finding the letters “KKK” written in marker on a monument at the Seaview Avenue park Thursday morning, a possible reference to the Ku Klux Klan, according to police reports. But police believe the incident was a prank, and is not related to the organization.
“We truly believe it was just kids that did this,” Sgt. Lisa Cotto said Friday.
The Parks and Recreation Department had covered the markings by Thursday afternoon. Police found a marker near the scene of the vandalism, and has been taken as evidence.
Norwalk Police did not find any similar kinds of graffiti in other parts of the city, and the case is being treated as an isolated incident. The case is still under investigation.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller