NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning in Veterans Park that may have racist connections.
A resident reported finding the letters “KKK” written in marker on a monument at the Seaview Avenue park Thursday morning, a possible reference to the Ku Klux Klan, according to police reports. But police believe the incident was a prank, and is not related to the organization.
“We truly believe it was just kids that did this,” Sgt. Lisa Cotto said Friday.
The Parks and Recreation Department had covered the markings by Thursday afternoon. Police found a marker near the scene of the vandalism, and has been taken as evidence.
Norwalk Police did not find any similar kinds of graffiti in other parts of the city, and the case is being treated as an isolated incident. The case is still under investigation.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury