NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Police are investigating graffiti found Thursday morning in Veterans Park that may have racist connections.
A resident reported finding the letters “KKK” written in marker on a monument at the Seaview Avenue park Thursday morning, a possible reference to the Ku Klux Klan, according to police reports. But police believe the incident was a prank, and is not related to the organization.
“We truly believe it was just kids that did this,” Sgt. Lisa Cotto said Friday.
The Parks and Recreation Department had covered the markings by Thursday afternoon. Police found a marker near the scene of the vandalism, and has been taken as evidence.
Norwalk Police did not find any similar kinds of graffiti in other parts of the city, and the case is being treated as an isolated incident. The case is still under investigation.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued