UPDATED 8:30 p.m. NORWALK, Conn. – A 25-year-old was shot through the calf on Sunday during a “drug deal turned robbery” on Fillow Street near Kendall Elementary School, Norwalk Police Lt. Paul Vinett said.
Police were searching Sunday evening for two men involved in the incident. The victim’s injuries were described as not life threatening, Vinett said.
"It was a drug deal turned robbery," Vinett said. "He got shot during the transaction," he said of the victim.
While seeking treatment for his injuries at Norwalk Hospital, the victim told police he was in the area of the elementary school when he was shot.
One shot was fired during the incident, Vinett said. He added that the victim was shot in a car, which is the crime scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say