UPDATED 8:30 p.m. NORWALK, Conn. – A 25-year-old was shot through the calf on Sunday during a “drug deal turned robbery” on Fillow Street near Kendall Elementary School, Norwalk Police Lt. Paul Vinett said.
Police were searching Sunday evening for two men involved in the incident. The victim’s injuries were described as not life threatening, Vinett said.
"It was a drug deal turned robbery," Vinett said. "He got shot during the transaction," he said of the victim.
While seeking treatment for his injuries at Norwalk Hospital, the victim told police he was in the area of the elementary school when he was shot.
One shot was fired during the incident, Vinett said. He added that the victim was shot in a car, which is the crime scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death