UPDATED 8:30 p.m. NORWALK, Conn. – A 25-year-old was shot through the calf on Sunday during a “drug deal turned robbery” on Fillow Street near Kendall Elementary School, Norwalk Police Lt. Paul Vinett said.
Police were searching Sunday evening for two men involved in the incident. The victim’s injuries were described as not life threatening, Vinett said.
"It was a drug deal turned robbery," Vinett said. "He got shot during the transaction," he said of the victim.
While seeking treatment for his injuries at Norwalk Hospital, the victim told police he was in the area of the elementary school when he was shot.
One shot was fired during the incident, Vinett said. He added that the victim was shot in a car, which is the crime scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast