UPDATED 8:30 p.m. NORWALK, Conn. – A 25-year-old was shot through the calf on Sunday during a “drug deal turned robbery” on Fillow Street near Kendall Elementary School, Norwalk Police Lt. Paul Vinett said.
Police were searching Sunday evening for two men involved in the incident. The victim’s injuries were described as not life threatening, Vinett said.
"It was a drug deal turned robbery," Vinett said. "He got shot during the transaction," he said of the victim.
While seeking treatment for his injuries at Norwalk Hospital, the victim told police he was in the area of the elementary school when he was shot.
One shot was fired during the incident, Vinett said. He added that the victim was shot in a car, which is the crime scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Norwalk Sky