NORWALK, Conn. – A 59-year-old driver who was in a minor car accident died from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound in Norwalk on Tuesday night, police said.
Norwalk police were called to the scene of a two-car accident near Van Buren Avenue and Bedford Street at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Officers discovered one of the drivers had suffered a gunshot wound that they believe was self-inflicted, police said.
The victim was given CPR at the scene and taken to Norwalk Hospital, where he was declared dead, police said. The weapon was recovered at the scene, according to police reports.
The other driver involved in the crash reported minor back pain and was also taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment. That driver has since been released from the hospital, police said.
Police have not yet released the name of the deceased or further details about the case, pending notification of the family.
The Detective Bureau was investigating the incident. The State Medical Examiner’s officer will conduct an autopsy later this week, police said.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport