NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged with breaking into a dance studio last year, according to police.
Kevin Frederick, 49, was charged with third-degree burglary and sixth-degree larceny. Bond was set at $500, and he was scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, June 24.
The burglary was reported at a dance studio on North Main Street in late May 2013. Police said that somebody had forced open a door and stolen cash from the business. Police were able to recover DNA evidence from the scene and sent it to the state evidence lab, where it came back as a match for Frederick, according to police reports. Frederick had previously been convicted of several crimes, including sixth-degree felony possession of narcotics, violation of probation and interfering with an officer.
A warrant was issued for Frederick's arrest, and he was taken into custody Monday, June 16. Police said that after being arrested, he admitted that he had broken into the dance studio.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 3 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller