NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk police were investigating a shooting of a car parked on School Street late Monday night.
Officers found multiple fresh bullet holes in a Toyota Corolla at about 11 p.m. Monday, police said. Local hospitals did not report any victims with gunshot wounds Monday night, and officers do not believe that anyone was injured in the shooting, police said.
Investigators recovered a .22-caliber handgun near the scene of the shooting, police said. Officers were canvassing the area, looking for witnesses and other evidence, and were processing the car with the cooperation of the owner, police said.
Police have also spoken with a “person of interest” in the incident, Lt. Thomas Mattera said Tuesday. It is “too soon to tell” whether the incident was gang-related, Mattera added.
Anyone with information can contact the Norwalk Police at 203-854-3111. Tips can also be sent anonymously via the Norwalk Police website or by texting “NPD” and a message to CRIMES (274637).
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash